Monday, November 12, 2012

Quinoa Vegetable Mini Cups

I'm always on the look out for something to make that I can grab out of the freezer and quickly heat up when I run out of time and energy.  Since I rarely eat fast food and sometimes don't feel like eating what I had for dinner last night, it's good to have something in "reserve".  This recipe can have so many different variations; depending on what you have in your refrigerator and what type of grain,vegetables, spices, and cheeses you prefer.  So this is what I made today based on what I had.

2      cups Quinoa, cooked
2      eggs
2      egg whites
1      cup sweet potato, cooked (you could use any squash variety; uncooked)
2      green onions (you could use regular onions, shallots, garlic, or none)
1/4   cup parsley
1      tablespoon fresh basil
1/4   teaspoon sage
1/2   cup chicken sausage, cooked (any cooked meat can be used)
1/2   cup cheddar/mozzarella, shredded (any cheese can be used)
1/4   cup ricotta
2      tablespoons fresh Romano, grated
A dash of Cayenne and garlic salt.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 350.  Generously See how I made the font bold and underlined there?  It's because what I'm about to type next is very important to follow.  Generously grease mini muffin tins with cooking spray.  Okay, the truth is......I wasn't generous enough and some of my cute little mini's stuck to the bottom of the tin, so be generous, okay?!!!

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Season to your liking.  Spoon into each cup of the muffin tin and bake 15 to 20 minutes.  If you use larger muffin tins; adjust the time accordingly.  Cool on a wire rack at least 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.  Enjoy!  : )  -Noni






No comments:

Post a Comment