Saturday, October 13, 2012

Almond Flour Biscuits

I made a beef stew one fall day while on Phase III of the HCG diet and was wondering how in the world how I could eat stew without potatoes much less bread, rolls, or biscuits!!!! For cryin' out loud!!! Then low and behold! A light bulb went off  (imagine it turning on over my head)!  Almond flour isn't a starch, it's actually a protein, and I had some in the pantry.  Now, I feel obligated to warn you, if you are on Phase III; please consider that this recipe makes 8 biscuits and uses 21/2 cups of flour......and imagine how many almonds are ground to make that 21/2 cups of flour............yeah.  These calculations didn't enter my mind until I ate 11/2 biscuits......needless to say that little miss configuration cost me a pound gain the next day (I lost it the following day).  I just wanted to for warn you, and that you may decide it is worth having one biscuit if you are like me and miss your grains as much as I did.  I must add my family loved the biscuits and asked that I make them again.

Preheat oven to 350.

21/2      cups almond flour
1/2        teaspoon sea salt
1/2        teaspoon baking soda
1/4        teasponn baking powder
1/3        cup butter; melted
3           eggs; whisked
2 -3       Tablespoons milk
1           Tablespoon Agave (I omitted on Phase III)

Whisk together the dry ingredients, whisk together the wet ingredients, then whisk them together!  Scoop an apricot sized ball into your hands and roll drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment