Saturday, October 13, 2012

I came to the realization why Fall is my favorite time of the year today…


It’s all about food of course.  Apples, pears, peaches, plums, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkins (I hold them in a separate category from squash), beets, broccoli, and carrots just to name a few; all the good stuff we see on the Thanksgiving table in November.  It’s when I really think about candy and treat ideas for Halloween, pie and tart baking for Thanksgiving, and cookie making for the Christmas holiday season.  It’s the time of year when I miss my Mother and brothers, as well as my sons and granddaughters.  I realize that I have one son and true friends that love me in spite of myself and tolerate me constantly talking about food, filling the memory cards on their smart phones with endless photos of pre cooked or pre baked creations then the “finished” product, and shoving fork and spoonfuls of “new” accomplishments while I’m rattling off a list of ingredients or asking them if they can list the “secret” ingredient.  How do they put up with it???  God only knows.  Now, not only do I put them through that, but I hound them to “read” my blog…..as if they have an interest in my written ramblings as well as my verbal ones.  Dear Ones, if you are reading this, you can stop…I know you love me and you care, you don’t have to read this anymore.  Just come to this blog  when you want a particular recipe at an hour when you know that I am sleeping (and dreaming about food) or when you aren’t able to reach me.    Love, Mom/Susan         Kisses & Huggs

No comments:

Post a Comment