Saturday, October 6, 2012

Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

What?????  Two of my favorite frostings in one????  Who knew this was not breaking the rules?
I use this frosting for special occasion cookies.  And during the season; I use this frosting to "fill" honed out strawberries.  I cut the top off the strawberry and core it, then I use a baggie as a pastry bag to fill the strawberry.  Sometimes I put the top back on and display them on a mini cupcake stand.  The frosting will keep in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for weeks.


1/2     cup butter softened
8        ounces cream cheese (I use my homemade yogurt cheese because it has an nice
          tangy taste)
2 - 3  cups confectioners sugar (depending on the consistency you want; it does harden in
          the fridge)
2        teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix butter and cream cheese with a mixer or egg beater until smooth, add vanilla, add desired amount of sugar.  Slather on your favorite cookie, cracker, or fruit.  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment